Thursday, August 20, 2015
Why are hip-hop producers killing their own careers by undervaluing their own talents and allowing others to take advantage of them? Some producers feel they have to give beats away to promote themselves. But consider the following points.
When a producer gives a beat to a rapper/manager/label without asking for anything in return, in other words, "for the love," that entity can:
1. Sell the song for a profit and never pay the producer
2. Build his/her brand and boost his/her career
3. Monetize online plays/streams (even on your Youtube and Soundcloud pages)
4. Book shows/tours based on this original music
5. Merchandise and profit
6. Submit music for radio/tv play without ever determining publishing splits
7. Pay for marketing, design, photos, engineering, merchandise, but not for production
The producer loses in every scenario. Where's "the love?" It's not unreasonable to expect some type of fair compensation for your talents and efforts. Making a living doesn't ruin your art.
Ideas for producers:
1. 50/50 album partnerships with recording artists
2. Trades (beats in exchange for verses, etc)
3. Set a floor and ceiling for beat prices and stay consistent
4. Production deals
5. Releasing instrumental music (create a demand for yourself)
6. Monetizing your own streaming music (Content ID, Adsense, etc)
7. DJ for artists you produce for to split show fees
8. Form groups with even splits (Ever heard of Gangstar?)
9. LEARN. The more you know, the less you can be taken advantage of
Saturday, August 15, 2015
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
ReverseNation Management presents Big ETA @bige0828 4th cypher! Enjoy! Download!
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Attention!!! Attention!!! Get a new stylish usb flash drive from 100Drums.They offer a comprehensive line of high-performance usb flash drives designed with a wide variety of features, capacities, and colors.
The 16 gig keyboard synth flash drive provides a convenient solution for storing, transferring, and sharing multimedia.
You can easily transfer your data, photos, music, and video files. The rubber design helps protect the drive and its contents, providing an excellent combination of durability and convenience. 100Drums has many versatile and convenient portable storage products. Order online from 100Drums.com You know we got one for The Amazing SB he loves it to see pics he posted check his IG @The_Amazing_Sb
LIVE From A Universe Where Slavery Never Existed...
Director/Editor: Donovan Strong O-Donnell
Co-Director: TH!NK WATTS
DP: Brian Adam